The courses listed on this page are all courses run in Hong Kong that we think are particularly good for paralegals.
They are all run by the University of Hong Kong School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPACE)
• Associate of Arts in Legal Studies
• Diploma in Legal Studies
• Executive Diploma in Asset Recovery Law, Fraud Control and Receivable Management
• Executive Diploma in Legal Risk for Enterprise Risk Management
• Higher Diploma for Legal Executives
• Mediation Practice
• Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management
• Postgraduate Diploma in Finance and Law
If you take (or have previously taken) any of the above course with the University of Hong Kong, then:
1) You can have free Affiliate Membership of the Institute for the duration of your legal studies.
2) You can upgrade to a higher grade of membership at a discount of 30% off the first year's fees, i.e.:
Registered Paralegal HK$749 HK$524.30
Certified Paralegal HK$1,099 HK$769.30
Qualified Paralegal HK$1,299 HK$909.30
To be awarded one of the above three qualifications you do need to meet the requirements: for information on the requirments; to apply to join and for information about member benefits please click here.
3) If you successfully complete(d) one of the above courses then you can receive Registered Paralegal status (assuming you are an Institute member) even if you have not yet practised any law.
4) Successful completion also allows you to reach Certified Paralegal status after only two years' practice experience instead of the usual four years.
5) You can subscribe free of charge to The Paralegal e-journal.