1. Am I obliged to subscribe?
No. There is no charge for downloading and using our Competency Standards ("CS") in .PDF format
2. What are the benefits of subscribing?
Subscriptions cost GBP £70 per year, per series of standards. This is considerably cheaper than employing consultants who typically charge between GBP£25,000 and GBP £70,000 to create standards which are not nationally recognised.
The benefits of subscribing are that you:
1. Automatically receive all updates, amendments, corrections and notices concerning that series and the standards in general
2. Receive copies which have provision for you to mark individual standards as having been met, and which also allow for a verifier to initial their confirmation
3. Receive copies in Word 97-2003 format for easy editing/cutting and pasting
4. Have the opportunity to speak with us about implementation of the standards
5. Are eligible to be/register candidates for the LPQ qualifications (currently Legal Secretarial standards only)
6. Assist us to undertake further standards development work
7. Assist us to create more National Awarding Body linked LPQ qualifications
3. Which series are available for me to subscribe to?
There are three series available:
4. How to subscribe
Please e-mail office @ theiop.org (note breaks in link) detailing which series you wish to subscribe to and providing your contact details.
We will send you by e-mail:
A set of the series in .PDF format
A set of the series in Word 97-2003 format
A set of the series in Word 97-2003 format amended to allow for recording of compliance progress and verifier confirmation
5. How to Pay?
You can pay by:
You can also pay by:
6. Contact us at:
Institute of Paralegals
6 Graphite Square
London SE11 5EE
We regret that currently we do not accept debit or credit card payments except through paypal
*NB: to use Moneygram visit www.moneygram.com. Please note it is very useful for sending money overseas, but is expensive to use to transfer money within a country.
**NB: if you are a Hong Kong applicant then you can pay in Hong Kong dollars into a Hong Kong bank account: details upon request.
Please note that the annual subscription fee is subject to occasional review.